Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Choosing a haircolor

This has become such a process for me. It is almost as bad and it takes almost as long as picking out which kind of tampons I want. My hand wavers between dark blonde and light ash brown, with a only little quiver betraying how big of a decision I consider this to be. I eye the home-highlighting kits, and pick one up with a rebellious flourish. I read the back, and put it down. I go back to the 'safer' colors, and think - what image am I trying to portray? Do I want to come across as serious, classic, understated? Or fun, wild, down for anything cool girl? Do I want this to be a life-changing haircoloring experience, or merely something to hide the pubic-hair-like-grays I am now getting (don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about)? Should I get the box with the young sexy girl pouting on the front and the metallic lettering, or the one with the woman in a business suit, swinging her hair in a jaunty fashion? What to do, what to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, I don't think I could handle it if it took me that long to pick out a box of tampons.

You could always do what I do though and just don't dye your hair. Oh wait. I am the only freak I know like that.