Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm sorry bloggie-blog :- (

My poor, malnourished blog, I have neglected you for far too long. I am sorry, I will rectifiy that immediately. I have so many things that have been annoying me, interesting me, amusing me lately that I don't know where to start.
Lets see... my last week has been occupied with snot removal - I have developed a technique that I think is very effective, and should probably be studied and emulated worldwide. I squeeze the snot sucker, stick it in, and then as it is doing it's job I give it a little wiggle back and forth, up and down, and skippy-do - out come the boogies. Yes, my son has been sick with one of those nasty colds that makes his upper lip shiny and his little voice sound funny. I feel bad for the poor guy, he keeps pointing at his nose and grunting - since he is basically a cave man with only slighty better language comprehension skills - and getting angry when I don't do my signature move w/ the snot sucker. He's been keeping me on my toes lately, Alex has...
we got him this tricycle that I had been obsessing over for months, and I swear he feels like King Shit when he is being pushed around on it. He grips the handle bars with panache, occasionally leans over with his elbow on the back of the seat and twists around and looks at us, as if to say 'faster, Jeeves, I have an appointment to keep'. He surveys those he passes with a slightly mocking look on his face, obviously feeling superior compared to all the second-rate means of transportation he sees passing him. He screeches here and there with glee, it pops out before he can catch it and totally ruins the 'I'm too cool for school' thing he has going.
I want to get an alarm for this thing. I want to put it on our car insurance policy. I want to get the optional basket that hangs on the handle bars (even though there is this super cool dump thing in the back) and I want to get the little bell so he can announce his arrival to his loyal subjects. This tricycle is better - so much better - than my first car.
Ahhh - my first car. The jeuvo. It was a manilla folder colored - or egg colored, depending on the observer and the light source, hence 'juevo' - 1983 Nissan Sentra. That car was a flaming piece of shit, and was a constant source of embarassment. Of course it got me from point A to point B - with no style at all I might add - for a couple of years, so that part was cool. The tape deck that sat on the floor and was connected to the dashboard by a single wire - not cool. The uncomfortable ass melt your skin ripped naugahyde upholstery - not cool at all. The color - not fucking cool. And you know the most ironic part? My first 'real' car that I got, a Blazer that I paid $223 a month for for 4 years, was the same goddamned color. I didn't pick it, just so you know - it was one of those things that sort of fell into my lap. I sure as shit would not have picked ANOTHER car of that pus-color putridness. Anyway, the Sentra... I maxed out my mother's AAA card with that thing, they actually refused to come. The driver's side windshield wiper would fly off when the wipers were on high - and naturally, when your wipers are on high is when you really need them the most. I drove home from college for winter break during a blizzard, with my arm out the drivers window wiping the windshield every 15 seconds with a squeegee I stole from a gas station somewhere on the turnpike. I think I twitched for 2 hours after I got home, I was so tense. I had to have the heat on high all the time, or the damn thing would overheat the second the speed dropped below 25 mph.
Anyway, what was I talking about... oh yeah, nothing in particular. Business as usual.
I won't forget you again Blog, I promise.

No comments: